Ausfield plumbing services are licensed to locate and repair gas leaks, what do you do if you can smell gas inside or outside your home?
- Turn off all gas and electrical appliances and extinguish all pilot lights.
- Extinguish all naked flames.
- Do not attempt to use a naked flame to test for a gas leak this could result in an explosion.
- Do not attempt to start your gas stove, light any matches or use any device or appliance that could produce a spark, including electrical and light switches
- Turn off your main gas isolation valve (see photos below) Turn the valve handle to a horizontal position this will cut the supply from the gas provides system to your gas network.
- If you have an LPG system isolate the gas by turning your gas bottles off.
- Ventilate the area open doors and windows to prevent a build-up of gas.
- Call Ausfield Plumbing immediately to undertake a full system pressure test, locate and fix the leak!
Red handle is the isolation valve your handle may not be red
Isolation valve in ON position
Isolation Valve in OFF position